A few seasons ago, our program adopted the motto of “Simple and Selfless” with the intent of keeping the game of basketball simple and having a team-first mindset. These started as words and have grown into a reflection of the culture on the court and in the locker room. It not only has created memories for our players, but it also has led us to five straight Empire 8 Championship games, with wins in 2020 and 2022. We recently returned from the NCAA Tournament where we defeated a strong opponent in the first round and just narrowly fell to the #9 ranked team in the country. We have taken big steps forward and look forward to continuing.
So how do your donations help us make those steps forward?
Well, as we continue to raise our standards, we recognize that we need to increase our travel for non-conference games. We need to be competing with nationally-ranked opponents to help better prepare us for the NCAA tournament. Your donation will help us with travel expenses – transportation, meals, lodging, etc.
Additionally, we recognize that our team and competition is not just about winning games, rather it is about developing our scholar-athletes into engaged, contributing members of the community. We want to be able to offer additional experiences for them to help them grow – such as teambuilding and leadership development programming through summer reading. Your donations allow us to offer these programs to our players with the intent of helping them to be more well-rounded and successful.
We recognize the time commitment our players make to the program and want to make sure we treat them well and set them up for success. Your donation also helps with purchases of the players’ sneakers and other necessary items for competition.
We appreciate your support and look forward to having you attend a game next season. We have set the bar high and look forward to the work and growth necessary to get there.
Thank you for considering a donation to our program - all contributions will directly benefit our women’s basketball program.
- $18 – We had a scoring margin of 18 more points than our opponents this season. Consider donating $18 to get a player a summer reading book, on which they will take notes in the margins.
- $26 – We had a season high 26 assists against Utica College this season. Consider donating $26 to assist us with meals for a player on a road trip.
- $74 – We had a season-high 74 rebounds against Houghton this season. Consider donating $74 to help cover a hotel room for a player to rebound and recover in
- $104 – The most points scored in a single game this season was 104. Considering donating $104 to help us score a pair of sneakers for a player.
- $292 – We had 292 steals on the season. Considering donating $292 to cover a player’s flight so we can steal time as we travel across times zones to play nationally ranked teams
- $498 – We secured 498 offensive rebounds leading to 498 extra possessions. Consider donating $498 to allow us to get the players to do some extra team bonding and team building!